What Is the UAV Academy?
An educational facility dedicated to providing the highest standard of training for the UAV industry.
The UAV Academy was created to address the complex training needs of those aspiring entrants to the commercial drone marketplace and includes more advanced specialty training courses for more experienced drone operators and service providers looking to expand their commercial opportunities.
We host a world-class drone pilot ground school as well as extensive flight training to help UAV pilots develop their skills.
World Class Courses for Drone Professionals
The UAV Academy has significant advantages, particularly for Asian and Pacific Rim-based students, as its physical location offers significantly reduced travel costs from Asia and an ability to leverage our relationship with the Guam government to efficiently process M1 student visas for foreign studentstraining at the Academy. The course curricula are specifically designed to educate and train operators on how to professionally, safely, and responsibly operate remotely piloted aircraft in the National Airspace System while ensuring that all FAA policies, regulations and safety standards are met.
For those more experienced operators wishing to expand their capabilities the UAV Academy offers a deep menu of courses that are taught by experienced instructors with years of experience in their specific fields. For those interested, we can help you complete FAA form 8710-13 to acquire an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate.
Specialty Courses Include:
- Aerial Mapping and Modeling
- Aerial Security for Law Enforcement
- Industrial Inspections
- Aerial Photography
- Pipeline Patrol
- Thermal Imaging, LIDAR
- Search and Rescue Operations
Design, Build & Fly Course
The Professional Course
5 Day Certification Program
- Day 1 – Receive books, Part 107 test prep
- Day 2 – Start the Build. Identify parts and what they do. Set up tools and practice soldering techniques
- Day 3 – Drone construction and troubleshooting techniques
- Day 4 – Drone maintenance lab and completion of the construction of the drone
- Day 5 – Complete and program the drone, test flight. Take the Part 107 FAA Remote Pilot Exam
Equipment included with this course
- Tarot 680 Pro Hexacopter
- 1X Battery and Charger
- 1X Tarot T4 Brushless Gimbal and Hero 3/4 Go Pro Camera
- Tarot 6 kg AUW Power Combo
- DJI N3 Flight Controller
- FPV Monitor 7″ Sharpvision
- Video Transmitter
- Ratiolink AT9S RC Controller
Upcoming Class Dates
- November 18, 2019 thru 22, 2019
- January 27, 2020 thru January 31, 2020
- February 10, 2020 thru 14, 2020
- March 9, 2020 thru March 13, 2020
- April 27, 2020 thru June 1, 2020
Course Fee $4700 USD
Test Prep & Flight Training Course
Test Prep and Flight Training Program
This course is 2 days and includes actual Drone flight training.
- Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation.
- Airspace classification and operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation.
- Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance.
- Small unmanned aircraft loading and performance.
- Emergency procedures.
- Crew resource management.
- Radio communication procedures.
- Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft.
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol.
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgment.
- Airport operations.
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures.
Included with this course –
- Gleim UAS Drone Test Preparation Manual
- Certificate of Completion
Upcoming Course Dates
- November 23, 2019 thru November 24, 2019
- February 1, 2020 thru February 2, 2020
- March 14, 2020 and March 15, 2020
- June 2, 2020 and June 3, 2020
Course Fee $1750 USD